Change of Major & Reenrollment
Change of major & ReenrollmentApply
Change of Major into TCU Nursing
A student who wishes to change to the nursing major must meet with a nursing advisor prior to changing major. Students who do not enter TCU as a freshman nursing major will need to be aware of the following requirements:
- Students must have an established TCU GPA of at least a 2.5 and complete a minimum of one semester of coursework at TCU.
- Change of major requests must be completed by February 1 for the spring semester and October 1 for the fall semester.
- Students who enter the nursing major after the first semester of their freshman year will be on a four and a half year plan. In this scenario a student would be able to complete all TCU core classes prior to beginning nursing clinicals.
The following prerequisite courses must be taken prior to declaring Nursing as a major.
- PSYC 10213 – General Psychology
- SOCI 20213 – Introductory Sociology
- NTDT 20403 – Nutrition
- MATH 10043 – Elementary Statistics
- BIOL 20234 – Basic Microbiology
- NURS 10303 – Human Development
*Please note that Anatomy & Physiology (BIOL 20204 and BIOL 20214) will not be available to non-declared nursing majors
Reenrollment into TCU Nursing
The student who has been a nursing major and leaves TCU must apply for reenrollment after an absence of a full fall or spring semester. If the student meets enrollment criteria, the Registrar’s Office will contact the Dean’s Office, Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences to receive approval for the student to re-enroll as a nursing major. The student must meet the requirements for graduation based upon the published TCU Bulletin at the time of reentry into the nursing major. Reentering students may be required to pass comprehensive mastery exam(s).
A BSN from TCU Nursing is an investment in your future, but you don’t have to make it alone. Find out what kind of assistance is available from the TCU Office of Financial Aid and nursing-specific scholarships.
Looking for more information? Want to stay in touch? Join our mailing list to get the most up-to-date information coming out of TCU.
Find information about TCU’s undergraduate admission process and plan your next step.
Academics, student life and everything in between. Find answers to applicants’ most frequently-asked questions here.