The mission of Harris Ambassadors is to support and enhance the College’s undergraduate and graduate student experience. This is achieved by serving as official student representatives of Harris College through active participation as experience facilitators, peer advisors and student influencers.
Harris Ambassadors are selected based on their demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills; active participation in student organizations, campus activities or community service; a strong academic record and a genuine interest in their academic area of study, TCU and its students.
Harris Ambassadors receive unique professional development experiences, academic-focused programming and leadership opportunities. The program commitment is one academic year.
What’s in it for me?
- Raising their academic and professional brand and profile.
- Letter of recommendation, upon request, pending successful completion of a term.
- Invitations to participate in exclusive university-, college- and department-level events.
- Networking and relationship-building opportunities with other Harris College students, faculty, staff and other supporters and partners.
- Healthy boost to self-confidence, self-esteem and life satisfaction.
- Exclusive Harris College swag.
What will I be doing?
- Provide Harris College students with peer role models and mentorship opportunities.
- Provide insight into Harris College student services and initiatives.
- Communicate the keys to success as a student representative within your major and area of study.
- Recognize and enhance the leadership skills of peer Harris Ambassadors.
- Provide student perspective on recruitment, retention and marketing development and implementation efforts of the College.
- Assist staff with recruitment, retention and marketing initiatives geared toward prospective and current Harris College students.
- Increase and strengthen awareness about Harris College as a whole, its students, programs and various initiatives.
Some examples …
- Monday at TCU
- Experience TCU
- College-and department-level events
- Career fairs
- TCU Gives Day
- Social media content creation
- Parents Weekend
- Storytelling opportunities
Harris Ambassadors are required to participate in a minimum of five activities scheduled during the academic year, attend a training seminar at the beginning of each semester and assigned Harris Ambassadors meetings, as needed.