Main Content

Undergraduate Resources

Intent to Graduate

When you begin your senior year (two semesters before graduating) you must fill out an intent to graduate form, found under the Resources tab on the Harris College website. If you need help in this area, you can contact Linda Humphrey at

General Transfer Credit

In order to receive transfer credit after enrolling at TCU, you must receive approval through the following process:

  • Meet with your academic advisor, discuss your plan, and be sure the courses you intend to transfer fit your degree plan
  • Follow the online approval process

Go to
Student center
My Academics tab
Other academics
Path to graduation
Transfer Credit Request
press the blue arrow to process

  • The deadline for transfer credit approval for the summer is May 1

Once you enroll at TCU, a maximum of 12 hours of coursework may be transferred in from another school. In addition, once you have accumulated 54 credit hours, you may only transfer in coursework from four-year schools. Please read the Student Catalog for more info.

Kinesiology Transfer Credit

It is the policy of our department that once a student begins a kinesiology major at TCU, all KINE and HLTH courses must be taken in the department; however, in certain cases, transfer of major coursework might be approved. This applies to all Kinesiology Core, Foundations, and Emphasis, courses. If you are unsure about transfer credit, meet with your advisor or the department chair.

Transfer of Kinesiology courses taken prior to enrollment at TCU will only be approved by submitting the course syllabus and other descriptions to the department chair, who will then confer with the professor who teaches in that content area. It will be up to the judgment of that professor as to whether the course in question satisfies the major requirement.

Academic Grade and GPA Policies

  • Pass/no-credit: no kinesiology core, foundations, emphasis or associated requirements courses may be taken on a P/NC basis.
  • Grades and GPA: students pursuing the movement science, health and fitness, physical education, and sport psychology majors must earn a minimum of a C- in all courses within the kinesiology core, foundations, emphasis, and associated requirements areas of their major. In order to graduate with the BS degree (excluding the BSAT), students must earn a minimum GPA of 2.5 for all courses satisfying the kinesiology core foundations and emphasis areas of their major.
  • Progression policy: once students pursuing a major in the Kinesiology Department have earned 54 hours toward the bachelor of science degree, they must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 to enroll in KINE or HLTH courses at the 30000 level or higher.

Students interested in earning honors may investigate this option by following the links below and by meeting with an advisor in the John V. Roach Honors College.

Becoming an honors student.
Honors curriculum requirements.

In the Kinesiology Department, movement science and health and fitness majors earn departmental honors by completing the required honors coursework during their freshman and sophomore years, followed by a research sequence that consists of taking KINE 40103 Senior Seminar, a research methods course, the fall semester of their junior year, followed by KINE 30003 Junior Honors Research and KINE 40003, Senior Honors Research.  Athletic training majors follow a similar sequence, but take KINE 40523 Therapeutic Modalities instead of KINE 40103. This set of courses gives students two years of research experience under the guidance of a faculty mentor, culminating with a poster presentation of their research at the Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences Research Symposium and an oral presentation as part of the Boller Award competition. Honors students also submit an honors thesis document to the Honors College.

Q: Which courses should I take to begin my major in the Kinesiology Department?
A: KINE 10101 Introduction to Kinesiology, and KINE 10603 Anatomical Kinesiology are the two entry-level courses for all our majors.

Q: Do kinesiology courses have prerequisites?
A: Yes, the majority of courses in the department have KINE 10101 Introduction to Kinesiology, and/or KINE 10603 Anatomical Kinesiology as a prerequisite. There are additional prerequisites for specific upper division courses.  Be sure to read the course description for all classes to learn about all prerequisites.

Q: Which of the six majors should I choose?
A: There are a variety of careers and post-graduate opportunities that can be pursued with these majors. Your advisor can help you with this choice, and you can see options on our Career Preparation page.

Q: Will any of these majors lead to certifications?
A: The Physical Education major leads to certification as a teacher with an all-level emphasis. The athletic training major leads to certification and licensure.

Q: How do I set up my internship and senior research?
A: Contact Dr. Phil Esposito for KINE 40903 Senior Internship at

For senior research, you will need to confer with one of our professors in an area of your interest. That course, KINE 40793, and instructor will be on the class listing. Since both of these courses are conducted on a “to be arranged” basis, you need to meet with a professor before enrolling.

The Julian Carr Aliber Endowed Funds has been established to support undergraduate research efforts in kinesiology. The grant application is open to any undergraduate kinesiology student in good academic standing with the department, college, and university. Students can apply for up to $500. The application deadline is November 6, 2020, by 5 p.m. Please email the completed application to Dr. Robyn Trocchio (

Grant Application