Monday, August 3rd– Thursday, August 6th
1st-2nd Grade 9:30-11:30
3rd-6th Grade 1:00-3:00
TCU Miller Speech and Hearing Clinic
3305 West Cantey
Fort Worth, TX 76129
Camp Leaps is a FREE language and literacy program for early elementary children (age 4 up to entering 6th grade) with identified speech, language and/or reading delays. Camp Leaps is made possible by a generous donation from the Fort Worth Scottish Rite Foundation, in partnership with the TCU Davies School of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
We will bring children’s literature to life through interactive learning stations and special thematic events. There will be a pre-readers group for children needing to work on the beginning literacy skills that are crucial for success in Kindergarten. The emerging readers group (entering 1st and 2nd grade) will focus on strategies to improve reading fluency and word level decoding. The reader group (entering 3rd grade and up) will focus on strategies to improve reading comprehension and written composition.
Enrolled campers will also have the option of receiving a free literacy screening assessment the week prior to camp.
Due to Covid-19, camp enrollment is limited this year. Information on health/safety precautions that will be taken can be found on the registration form.
Questions? Please contact:
Karen Hennington, M.S., CCC-SLP
Covid-19 Precautions and Procedures
Camp Leaps will follow TCU safety guidelines and CDC recommendations. Procedures and precautions will include:
- Staggered start/end times for each age group
- Limited enrollment to allow for social distancing
- Daily health screenings and temperature checks for camp staff, student volunteers and camp attendees. Children who do not pass the health screening will be sent home and will not be able to attend the remainder of camp.
- Frequent hand washing and hand sanitizer available
- TCU/camp staff and TCU student volunteers will wear masks. Children attending camp will not be required to wear a mask, but parents may choose to send their child with a mask.
A full listing of all policies and the drop-off/pick-up procedures will be sent to you prior to the first day of camp.