Change of Major
Change of Major Process for TCU First Year, Continuing, and Transfer Students.
*Change of Major workshop will be held virtually on Wednesday, March 16, 2022 from 5:00-6:00 pm. Click the Virtual Workshop link below to log into Zoom on March 16th at 5:00 pm CST.
- Students wanting to change their major into nursing will be on a minimum four and a half year plan.
- Students must have an established TCU GPA of at least a 2.5 and complete a minimum of one semester at TCU.
First Year Students (current TCU First Year Students with 2 semesters or less)
- You must first attend a change of major workshop, which is held in the spring or fall semester. Then, complete the form at the bottom of the page to make your change of major request by April 13th. https://harriscollege.tcu.edu/nursing/admission/change-of-major/
- By submitting this form, you are asking the nursing program to review your change of major request. Submitting the form does not guarantee placement in the nursing major. Notifications will be provided by May 15th.
Continuing Students (3 semesters or more at TCU)
- Prior to submitting your change of major request, you must meet with an academic advisor. To schedule an appointment, please email email@example.com.
- Change of major requests must be completed by February 1st or October 1st
- Attend a change of major workshop (held in the fall and spring semester).
Transfer (attended a different institution prior to TCU)
- Transfer students must apply via NursingCAS by February 1st.
- Email Nursing@tcu.edu for more information about the application process.
The following prerequisite courses must be taken and a grade of a C or higher must be achieved.
- PSYC 10213 – General Psychology
- SOCI 20213 – Introductory Sociology
- NTDT 20403 – Nutrition
- MATH 10043 – Elementary Statistics
- BIOL 20234 – Basic Microbiology
- NURS 10303 – Human Development
- BIOL 20204- Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 20214- Anatomy & Physiology II
*Please note that Anatomy & Physiology (BIOL 20204 and BIOL 20214) will not be available to non-declared nursing majors