MSW Advanced Standing Program
MSW Advanced Standing Program Curriculum
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|SOWO 65833 - Perspectives of Mental Health||SOWO 65803 - Administration and Management|
|SOWO 65873 - Advanced Practice||SOWO 65893 - Field Education 4 (6 credit hours)|
|SOWO 65813 - Program Evaluation||Elective Course|
|SOWO 65883 - Field Education 3 (6 credit hours)||Elective Course|
Need to complete the program on a less than full time basis? We can work with you to develop a degree plan that meets your needs.
MSW Advance Standing Program Admission Criteria
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in social work (BSW, BSSW) or other bachelor’s degree (BS, BA) with a major in social work from a CSWE-accredited program at the time of enrollment.
- Have earned an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale in the last 60 hours of coursework.
- Have completed one college-level course in statistics before registering for the first semester in the MSW program.
- Provide references from individuals who can address the applicant’s academic abilities, interpersonal skills, and potential for graduate education and professional social work practice. It is required that at least one reference be from an academic advisor or instructor and preferred one of these references be from a field instructor.
- Submit a well-written professional statement of no more than 1,500 words that addresses the following:
- What is motivating you to pursue an MSW?
- How do your personal values connect with the values of the social work profession?
- What are strengths and weaknesses that will impact you as a social worker?
- Describe any experiences and leadership opportunities that will help you be successful in this graduate program?
- Discuss any significant volunteer or work experiences related to social work
- What are your professional goals and plans in social work?
- Submit a current resume or vitae.