MSW Traditional Program
MSW Traditional Program Curriculum
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Year 1||SOWO 61803 - Professional Foundation||SOWO 61833 - Macro Practice|
|SOWO 61873 - Micro Practice||SOWO 61853 - Human Behavior and the Social Environment II|
|SOWO 61843 - Human Behavior and the Social Environment I||SOWO 61823 - Diversity and Social Justice|
|SOWO 61813 - Research Methods 1||SOWO 61863 - Social Welfare Policies and Services|
|SOWO 61883 - Field Education 1||SOWO 61893 - Field Education 2|
|Year 2||SOWO 65833 - Perspectives of Mental Health||SOWO 65803 - Administration and Management|
|SOWO 65873 - Advanced Practice||SOWO 65893 - Field Education 4|
|SOWO 65813 - Program Evaluation||Elective Course|
|SOWO 65883 - Field Education 3||Elective Course|
Need to complete the program on a less than full time basis? We can work with you to develop a degree plan that meets your needs.
MSW Traditional Program Admission Requirements
- Earned a baccalaureate degree (BA or BS) reflecting a liberal arts foundation from an accredited college or university
- Have earned an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale in the last 60 hours of coursework
- Have completed one college-level course in each of the following – statistics, sociology, and psychology before registering for the first semester in the MSW Program
- Submit three reference forms with letters from individuals who can address the applicant’s academic abilities, interpersonal skills, and potential for graduate education and professional social work practice. It is required that at least one reference be an academic reference from an academic advisor or instructor.
- Submit a well-written professional statement of no more than 1,500 words that addresses the following:
- What motivated you to decide to pursue an MSW?
- How do your personal values connect with the values of the social work profession?
- What are strengths and weaknesses that will impact you as a social worker?
- Describe any experiences and leadership opportunities that will help you be successful in this graduate program?
- Discuss any significant volunteer or work experiences related to social work.
- What are your professional goals and plans in social work?
- Submit a current resume or vitae with the application.