At the heart of occupational therapy lies a profound commitment to empowering individuals to live life to the fullest. Occupational therapy intervention uses everyday life activities (occupations) to promote health and well-being and help individuals maximize participation and independence in their daily lives to the best of their abilities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has reported expected job growth of 17% over the next decade.
A career in occupational therapy offers a diverse range of opportunities and experiences. Occupational therapists work with people across the lifespan in an array of settings, both in the clinic and beyond.
Here are just some of the areas where occupational therapists can make a difference:
- Rehabilitation: We assist individuals recovering from injuries or surgeries, helping them regain strength, mobility and independence.
- Pediatrics: Our specialized care for children focuses on fostering development and enhancing skills to support their growth and participation in daily activities.
- Mental Health: We provide compassionate support and effective strategies to improve coping skills, manage stress and enhance emotional well-being.
- Geriatrics: Our services for older adults aim to enhance their independence, safety and overall well-being, enabling them to lead fulfilling lives.
- Ergonomics and Workplace Wellness: We work with businesses to optimize workspaces, prevent injuries and promote the well-being of employees.